Full Body Presence: Grounding & Healthy Boundaries (FBP)
800 Bethany Dr
Scotts Valley, CA 95066
In today’s world we all need full access to our inner and outer resources in order to survive and thrive with the daily demands being presented to us.
Tired of feeling scattered and pulled in many directions?
Want your presence to work for you, not against you?
Interested in mindful awareness?
Love feeling grounded?
Like keeping your energy tank full?
Want to experience more resilience under stress?
Need full access to your creativity and joy?
This course teaches the process of allowing the deep wisdom of the body to inform and help us navigate in our living, working, healing and relating in the world.
Come spend four days and return to your life, professionally & personally, with practical skills to:
• Understand the dynamics of your own energy patterns.
• Nourish and rejuvenate in healthy, life-giving ways.
• Remain fully grounded and present, even under stress.
• Create healthy boundaries that enhance your connection to the world, while avoiding burnout.
PLUS, if you’re a therapist, earn 24 contact hours for CEUs!
A brief synopsis of your
Four FIVE Days with Full Body Presence
1. Learn how to hold a strong therapeutic presence that maximizes treatment outcomes, prevents burnout and helps you enjoy your work more.
2. Discover how to assess your energy reservoir throughout the day to combat exhaustion.
3. Explore the Five Principles, and why they’re vital to your practice, no matter which modality you work with.
4. Reconnect to natural energy habits to rejuvenate yourself and stay energetically full.
5. Find out how to establish and maintain healthy boundaries at work and at home.
6. Integrate internally inspired movement to heal the nervous system, improve concentration levels and replenish yourself.
7. Practice simple patterns of breathing that can calm the nervous system to reduce the chronic “fight or flight” response in you and your clients.
8. Take away step-by-step protocols for holding a strong therapeutic presence for yourself and others, using touch and without touching.
AND, You’ll take home a comprehensive study guide for future reference.
PLUS – new for the August 27 – September 1 course at 1440 Multiversity:
9. Enjoy a wealth of insider nuggets from course creator Suzanne Scurlock-Durana’s acclaimed new book Reclaiming Your Body, shared by the author herself!
This course will be the first time Suzanne incorporates the freshest material from her new book into Full Body Presence! Join in the celebration as Suzanne personally shares the best and most practical insights from her new book with you.
Read an excerpt on the 1440 Multiversity Blog
Suzanne Scurlock-Durana, CMT, CST-D (Reston, Virginia)
Suzanne is one of the world’s leading authorities on conscious awareness and its transformational impact on the healing process.
For more than 30 years she has empowered people with practical tools that enable them to experience joy in each moment without burning out. These skills help improve every aspect of their lives, from their health and well-being to their relationships, their careers, their creativity, even the growth of their businesses.
After decades of perfecting her methods of awakening the body’s innate wisdom, Suzanne created the comprehensive Healing From the Core training curriculum in 1994. Today it includes a robust selection of international workshops, webinars, speaking engagements and audio programs.
One of the original instructors personally mentored by the late Dr. John E. Upledger, Suzanne also continues to teach CranioSacral Therapy and SomatoEmotional Release for the Upledger Institute on nearly every continent. What’s more, she collaborated with the late Emilie Conrad for almost two decades. Together they integrated Emilie’s Continuum Movement with Suzanne’s Full Body Presence to teach other practitioners how to accelerate and deepen the healing process.
Known for her honest, grounded, nurturing manner, Suzanne is adept at weaving together mind, body and spirit to create a unique environment that encourages profound healing. She is the author of Reclaiming Your Body: Healing from Trauma and Awakening to Your Body’s Wisdom and Full-Body Presence: Learning to Listen to Your Body’s Wisdom.
Learn more about Suzanne.
August 27 – September 1, 2017
800 Bethany Dr, Scotts Valley, CA 95066, USA
Course tuition is $495. Room & Board is via 1440 Multiversity.
Visit 1440 to register. See more information below under Venue.
COURSE UPDATE INFORMATION
This course was originally scheduled to be held at The Esalen Institute, September 24-29, 2017.
The Big Sur area where Esalen resides will not open fully in time for this workshop, due to very limited access from winter weather conditions that buried roads and washed out Pfeiffer bridge.
We are delighted to be moving this course to another gorgeous retreat center near Santa Cruz, CA, at 1440 Multiversity.
CEUs available (24 contact hours)
Massage Therapists: NCBTMB Approved Provider
Recommended reading and listening:
- Scurlock-Durana, Reclaiming Your Body: Healing From Trauma and Awakening to Your Body’s Wisdom (book).
- Scurlock-Durana, Full Body Presence: Learning to Listen to Your Body’s Wisdom (book).
Please listen to the accompanying audio explorations (download information included in each book).
This is a five day, residential workshop, beginning Sunday evening.
Sunday: 7:30PM – 9:30PM
Monday – Thursday: 9:00AM – Noon and 2:00PM – 5:00PM
Friday: 9:30AM – 11:30AM
Venue and Accommodations
Enjoy the uniqueness of this highly acclaimed, 75-acre campus beautifully nestled in the California redwoods near Santa Cruz, and wonderful bodywork staff. Explore your potential in a learning environment like no other. With equal parts learning and vacation, your time on 1440 Multiversity’s state-of-the-art campus includes daily wellness offerings, nourishing meals, and access to holistic amenities.
1440 offers a range of accommodations for every need and budget, from spacious suites to modern pod-style sleep areas. A Commuter Pass is available for those who live locally or wish to stay offsite, and includes all meals plus the use of campus amenities.
Learn more about this venue and available accommodations at 1440 Multiversity.
While we do our best to accommodate changes for our students, a cancellation or transfer fee may apply.