Full Body Presence: Grounding & Healthy Boundaries (FBP) – Reston, VA
In today’s world we all need full access to our inner and outer resources in order to survive and thrive with the daily demands being presented to us.
Tired of feeling scattered and pulled in many directions?
Want your presence to work for you, not against you?
Interested in mindful awareness?
Love feeling grounded?
Like keeping your energy tank full?
Want to experience more resilience under stress?
Need full access to your creativity and joy?
This course teaches the process of allowing the deep wisdom of the body to inform and help us navigate in our living, working, healing and relating in the world.
Come spend four days and return to your life, professionally & personally, with practical skills to:
• Understand the dynamics of your own energy patterns.
• Nourish and rejuvenate in healthy, life-giving ways.
• Remain fully grounded and present, even under stress.
• Create healthy boundaries that enhance your connection to the world, while avoiding burnout.
A brief synopsis of your Four Days with Full Body Presence
1. Learn how to hold a strong therapeutic presence that maximizes treatment outcomes, prevents burnout and helps you enjoy your work more.
2. Discover how to assess your energy reservoir throughout the day to combat exhaustion.
3. Explore the Five Principles, and why they’re vital to your practice, no matter which modality you work with.
4. Reconnect to natural energy habits to rejuvenate yourself and stay energetically full.
5. Find out how to establish and maintain healthy boundaries at work and at home.
6. Integrate internally inspired movement to heal the nervous system, improve concentration levels and replenish yourself.
7. Practice simple patterns of breathing that can calm the nervous system to reduce the chronic “fight or flight” response in you and your clients.
8. Take away step-by-step protocols for holding a strong therapeutic presence for yourself and others, using touch and without touching.
AND, You’ll take home a comprehensive study guide for future reference.
Angela Stevens, COTA/L, CST (Ashburn, Virginia)
Angela truly walks her talk as a Healing from the Core Certified Instructor as she guides others through this deeply transformative process. Drawing from her personal healing journey of recovery from PTSD, Angela has refined her experience to provide an expertise that touches everyone. Angela has a way of connecting with her students through real life experiences that both clarify concepts and enhance the student’s own healing process. She brings laughter, movement and her experience as an OTA to create a rich and meaningful environment for the entire group.
When she is not teaching, Angela maintains a private practice integrating skills from her occupational therapy and sensory integration background, CranioSacral and SomatoEmotional Release therapy, Lymph Drainage and Reiki. Her practice includes all ages. Formerly a pediatric occupational therapist, she worked extensively with a wide range of pediatric diagnoses, primarily autism. Having raised four children of her own, she has developed a deep and compassionate understanding of the tenderness in a child’s heart. She provides a strong, grounded, steady therapeutic presence that creates a safe environment for her students and clients to connect with their deepest healing potential.
Angela believes in the power of the human spirit to create a world-wide connection of love and compassion. In her own words, “My goal as an Instructor is to share the profound and powerful course principles and techniques that support creating this healthy connection.”
Email Angela or visit her IAHP profile.
Angela is an excellent teacher who shares her heart and soul so openly and generously. In doing so, she creates an environment that is nurturing and safe, where each of us feel comfortable to share our hearts as well. What a gift!
Angela is very knowledgeable about the curriculum and she inspired me to continue the journey to find the true me.
March 26 – 29, 2020
To be determined, Reston, Virginia
$495 by 1/25/20
$595 by 2/25/20
$695 after 2/25/20
Save $795 and pay only $100/month! Use the Tier One Core-Pak.
CEUs available (24 contact hours)
Massage Therapists: NCBTMB Approved Provider
Contact IAHE (International Alliance of Healthcare Educators) for your specific license requirements. 800-311-9204
Recommended reading and listening:
- Scurlock-Durana, Reclaiming Your Body: Healing From Trauma and Awakening to Your Body’s Wisdom (book).
- Scurlock-Durana, Full Body Presence: Learning to Listen to Your Body’s Wisdom (book).
Please listen to the accompanying audio explorations (download information included in each book).
This is a four day workshop.
Course hours are 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM each day.
Registration begins at 9:30 AM on Day One, March 26th.
While we do our best to accommodate changes for our students, a $50 cancellation or transfer fee may apply.