Full Body Presence: Grounding & Healthy Boundaries (FBP) Freeport, NY
100 Brooklyn Ave
In today’s world we all need full access to our inner and outer resources in order to survive and thrive with the daily demands being presented to us.
Tired of feeling scattered and pulled in many directions?
Want your presence to work for you, not against you?
Interested in mindful awareness?
Love feeling grounded?
Like keeping your energy tank full?
Want to experience more resilience under stress?
Need full access to your creativity and joy?
This course teaches the process of allowing the deep wisdom of the body to inform and help us navigate in our living, working, healing and relating in the world.
Come spend four days and return to your life, professionally & personally, with practical skills to:
• Understand the dynamics of your own energy patterns.
• Nourish and rejuvenate in healthy, life-giving ways.
• Remain fully grounded and present, even under stress.
• Create healthy boundaries that enhance your connection to the world, while avoiding burnout.
PLUS, if you’re a therapist, earn 24 contact hours for CEUs!
A brief synopsis of your Four Days with Full Body Presence
1. Learn how to hold a strong therapeutic presence that maximizes treatment outcomes, prevents burnout and helps you enjoy your work more.
2. Discover how to assess your energy reservoir throughout the day to combat exhaustion.
3. Explore the Five Principles, and why they’re vital to your practice, no matter which modality you work with.
4. Reconnect to natural energy habits to rejuvenate yourself and stay energetically full.
5. Find out how to establish and maintain healthy boundaries at work and at home.
6. Integrate internally inspired movement to heal the nervous system, improve concentration levels and replenish yourself.
7. Practice simple patterns of breathing that can calm the nervous system to reduce the chronic “fight or flight” response in you and your clients.
8. Take away step-by-step protocols for holding a strong therapeutic presence for yourself and others, using touch and without touching.
PLUS, You’ll take home a comprehensive study guide for future reference.
Lori Chinitz, PT, CST-D (Long Island, New York)
Lori is a Healing from the Core Certified Instructor, and physical therapist with over 30 years of experience. Lori’s strengths as an instructor and clinician flow out of her capacity to witness and support each person’s unique journey. Her gentle, down to earth style has been a key to helping others unlock deeper doorways towards healing. Creating a space of safety and connection allows her clients to feel recognized and heard. Lori combines her keen integration and synthesis of body, mind and spirit to assist each person in their healing process.
When Lori is not teaching, she maintains a private practice in Syosset, New York and is the director/owner of A Step Ahead Therapy Services, a multidisciplinary Early Intervention Agency. In her practice, she uses CranioSacral therapy, Visceral Manipulation, TAMO movement strategy, as well as various other manual modalities. In addition, she is techniques certified in Craniosacral Therapy and Neurodevelopmental Therapy for pediatrics. Her practice includes working with adults, infants, and children.
Learn more about Lori.
October 17 – 20, 2019
100 Brooklyn Ave, Freeport, New York
$495 by 8/18/19
$595 by 9/17/19
$695 after 9/17/19
CEUs available (24 contact hours)
Massage Therapists: NCBTMB Approved Provider
Contact IAHE (International Alliance of Healthcare Educators) for your specific license requirements. 800-311-9204
Recommended reading and listening:
- Scurlock-Durana, Reclaiming Your Body: Healing From Trauma and Awakening to Your Body’s Wisdom (book).
- Scurlock-Durana, Full Body Presence: Learning to Listen to Your Body’s Wisdom (book).
Please listen to the accompanying audio explorations (download information included in each book).
This is a four day workshop.
Course hours are 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM each day.
Registration begins at 8:30 AM on Day One, October 17th.
While we do our best to accommodate changes for our students, a $50 cancellation or transfer fee may apply.