Full Body Presence: Grounding & Healthy Boundaries (HFFBP)
55000 California 1
Big Sur, CA 93920
In today’s world we all need full access to our inner and outer resources in order to survive and thrive with the daily demands being presented to us.
Tired of feeling scattered and pulled in many directions?
Want your presence to work for you, not against you?
Interested in mindful awareness?
Love feeling grounded?
Like keeping your energy tank full?
Want to experience more resilience under stress?
Need full access to your creativity and joy?
This course teaches the process of allowing the deep wisdom of the body to inform and help us navigate in our living, working, healing and relating in the world.
Come spend five days and return to your life, professionally & personally, with practical skills to:
• Understand the dynamics of your own energy patterns.
• Nourish and rejuvenate in healthy, life-giving ways.
• Remain fully grounded and present, even under stress.
• Create healthy boundaries that enhance your connection to the world, while avoiding burnout.
PLUS, if you’re a therapist, earn 24 contact hours for CEUs!
A brief synopsis of your Five Days with Full Body Presence
1. Learn how to hold a strong therapeutic presence that maximizes treatment outcomes, prevents burnout and helps you enjoy your work more.
2. Discover how to assess your energy reservoir throughout the day to combat exhaustion.
3. Explore the Five Principles, and why they’re vital to your practice, no matter which modality you work with.
4. Reconnect to natural energy habits to rejuvenate yourself and stay energetically full.
5. Find out how to establish and maintain healthy boundaries at work and at home.
6. Integrate internally inspired movement to heal the nervous system, improve concentration levels and replenish yourself.
7. Practice simple patterns of breathing that can calm the nervous system to reduce the chronic “fight or flight” response in you and your clients.
8. Take away step-by-step protocols for holding a strong therapeutic presence for yourself and others, using touch and without touching.
PLUS, You’ll take home a comprehensive study guide for future reference.
Recommended reading and listening:
- Scurlock-Durana, Reclaiming Your Body: Healing From Trauma and Awakening to Your Body’s Wisdom (book).
- Scurlock-Durana, Full Body Presence: Learning to Listen to Your Body’s Wisdom (book).
Please listen to the accompanying audio explorations (download information included in each book).
CEUs available (24 contact hours)
Massage Therapists: NCBTMB Approved Provider
Suzanne Scurlock, CMT, CST-D (Reston, Virginia)
Suzanne is one of the world’s leading authorities on conscious awareness and its transformational impact on the healing process.
For more than 30 years she has empowered people with practical tools that enable them to experience joy in each moment without burning out. These skills help improve every aspect of their lives, from their health and well-being to their relationships, their careers, their creativity, even the growth of their businesses.
After decades of perfecting her methods of awakening the body’s innate wisdom, Suzanne created the comprehensive Healing From the Core training curriculum in 1994. Today it includes a robust selection of international workshops, webinars, speaking engagements and audio programs.
One of the original instructors personally mentored by the late Dr. John E. Upledger, Suzanne also continues to teach CranioSacral Therapy and SomatoEmotional Release for the Upledger Institute on nearly every continent. (Click here to view her IAHP profile.) What’s more, she collaborated with the late Emilie Conrad for almost two decades. Together they integrated Emilie’s Continuum Movement with Suzanne’s Full Body Presence to teach other practitioners how to accelerate and deepen the healing process.
Known for her honest, grounded, nurturing manner, Suzanne is adept at weaving together mind, body and spirit to create a unique environment that encourages profound healing. She is the author of Reclaiming Your Body: Healing from Trauma and Awakening to Your Body’s Wisdom and Full-Body Presence: Learning to Listen to Your Body’s Wisdom.
Learn more about Suzanne.
This is a five day, residential workshop. Course Hours:
Sunday evening 8:30 PM – 10:00PM
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 10:00AM – 1:00PM and 3:00PM – 6:00PM
Wednesday 2:00PM – 6:00PM
Friday 10:00AM – 12:00PM
* Please schedule bodywork sessions with Esalen staff outside of course hours.
Venue and Accomodations
Once a year, Full Body Presence: Grounding & Healthy Boundaries is offered at The Esalen Institute as a five day, residential workshop. Course cost ranges from $650 – $3,155 depending on accommodations (includes tuition). Register for the workshop with the International Alliance of Healthcare Educators. Then, register for your lodging preference with The Esalen Institute at 831-667-3005. For further details and travel information, click here. To learn more about available accommodations, visit The Esalen Institute or call 831-667-3005. To learn more about registration and booking or for other questions, contact (IAHE) at 800-311-9204. NOTE: If you register early, you can request the cheapest housing and potentially save over $500 if sleeping bag space is still available!
Save $795 and pay only $100/month! Use the Tier One Core-Pak.
While we do our best to accommodate changes for our students, a $50 cancellation or transfer fee may apply.