CST and the Immune Response Post-Class Conference Call Series and Online Community
Want to tune up your immune system dialoguing skills?
Long time since you looked at your Immune System course notes?
Ready to refresh your knowledge base as you discuss challenging cases?
CST and the Immune Response (CSIR) Instructors Tim Hutton, PhD, LMP, CST-D, Karen Axelrod, MA, CMT, CST-D, and Suzanne Scurlock, CST-D, CMT have partnered with The Upledger Institute to offer CSIR students follow up mentoring and learning via an ongoing CSIR Conference Call series and online learning community.
This series is open to any student who has taken at least one class in the Upledger CST Immune Response (CSIR) curriculum.
- Improve your understanding of how to palpate both the immune system and the rest of the body’s tissues, and how to map inflammation in the body.
- Learn more about the various cells and other components that make up the immune system.
- Learn how to best address particular immune issues during treatment.
- Improve your ability to dialogue with the immune system and with immune issues.
- Refresh your knowledge base and stay current with the latest research on immune function.
- Participate monthly in each conference call, or listen to the calls online at a later date.
- Take advantage of a private discussion board to continue the conversation or bring up other immune issues.
- Cost is $295 for the entire year of monthly conference calls.
1) All the calls are recorded live, and the recording will be made available out to all participants shortly after each call. This means that if the conference call time or day is not convenient for you, or you are out of town for some of the calls, you still have access to all the information and discussion that goes on during the call.
2) The recordings are available in two formats – you get to choose the format that works best for you. The first format is “streaming audio” where you listen to it on your computer – super easy. Stop and start the audio and listen to it as often as you need. The second format is an MP3 download for playback on the device of your choice. The convenient thing about all of this is that you can listen to it completely at your own leisure, on your own time whenever it suits you best.
3) In addition to the monthly review topic, Suzanne, Karen and/or Tim will choose topics for each month based on feedback from you about issues you are facing in your practices. Information on how to contact Tim, Karen and Suzanne directly with suggested topics and questions will be provided to registered course participants.
4) Take advantage of the private online discussion board to continue the conversation between calls in a community of like-minded professionals. Additionally, Karen, Tim and Suzanne have already started posting relevant articles, videos and other resources online. As a participant, you are welcome to submit additional relevant articles for discussion and to submit your questions online as well.
5) Internet access is required to participate in this course, and participants are strongly encouraged to be online as well as on the phone during the live calls. Simply call in on your phone to participate, and log in online at the same time. A call reminder including both your dial-in number and a quick link to the course will be sent out two days before each call via email, and repeated an hour before each call.
6) Join anytime for a full year of access! Subscription ends after 12 months with the option to renew for another year. Subscribers gain access to all prior call recordings, files and discussions when they join.
7) Payment for this series is through The Upledger Institute and will be handled through their registration dept, or through your workshop facilitator. All 12 sessions — plus access to the online learning community — are $295 to be paid in full or in two payments.
8) All the calls will take place 12:30pm – 1:30pm Eastern time on Tuesdays. Please mark your calendar for what that time would be in your time zone. Also, remember, if you cannot attend the live calls on a regular basis – no problem – you will get the recording with all the shared information within hours. Once you get registered, Suzanne’s office will send you all the details on conference call etiquette and how to call the conference call (and discussion board).
CranioSacral Therapy and the Immune Response via The Upledger Institute
Upcoming Dates and Review Topics
- November 13, 2018
- December 18, 2018
- January 8, 2019
Functional layers of the IS, major divisions of the IS, primary immune organs, secondary immune organs
- February 12, 2019
Formation of immune cells; stem cells
- March 19, 2019
Current research on stem cells
- April 9, 2019
Actions of immune cells, phagocytes
- May 7, 2019
Current research on phagocytes
- June 11, 2019
- July 16, 2019
Current research on granulocytes
- August 6, 2019
Natural killer cells
- September 10, 2019
Current research on natural killer cells
- October 8, 2019
Programming of B and T cells – DNA recombination
- November 5, 2019
Antigen presentation, dendritic cells, MHC1/2 molecules
- December 10, 2019
Adaptive immunity, B cells, antibodies
(Topics and dates for 2020 will be posted in the second half of 2019)