Presence and Healing Trauma (near Amsterdam, NL)
Author and CST Instructor Suzanne Scurlock is coming to the Netherlands!
• Want to learn about how different forms of consciousness affect traumatized systems?
• Want a breath practice that naturally calms your clients as you use it to relax yourself?
• Need experience in bone-deep steadiness, clarity and strength for times of emotional challenge?
• Curious to explore two profound portals into the nervous system that down-regulate the fight-flight-freeze response in the body?
• Want to inhabit all of your heart – front to back – allowing you to resolve fear, the burden of trauma, as well as moving more effortlessly into forgiveness and hope?
… Explore these and more while gaining tools for activating and refining the exquisite navigational system of your body.
Presence and Healing Trauma
Offered by Op Je Plek in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Trauma is a fact of life in today’s complex world where the unexpected is more common than what we know. Trauma exists at all levels and in all people, and the consequence of holding unresolved trauma in the body is that we lose our capacity to be present in the moment, to be resilient, and to experience the joy of being alive. This workshop will explore, through experiential exercises, the depth and breadth of what heals us after trauma has left its mark. It will present skills that can be directly taken into clinical practice, as well as helping ourselves.
This event is for:
• Care providers in mental health care (psychiatrists, psychologists, psychotherapists, nurses, social psychiatric nurses and the like),
• (Psycho) therapists who work with EMDR, yoga, mindfulness, haptotherapy, set-ups or other (body-oriented) treatment methods and practitioners,
• Relationship and family therapists, social workers, coaches and supervisors,
• Anyone who is otherwise professionally interested in this topic.
Suzanne Scurlock, CMT, CST-D (Reston, Virginia)
Suzanne is one of the world’s leading authorities on conscious awareness and its transformational impact on the healing process.
For more than 30 years she has empowered people with practical tools that enable them to experience joy in each moment without burning out. These skills help improve every aspect of their lives, from their health and well-being to their relationships, their careers, their creativity, even the growth of their businesses.
After decades of perfecting her methods of awakening the body’s innate wisdom, Suzanne created the comprehensive Healing From the Core training curriculum in 1994. Today it includes a robust selection of international workshops, webinars, speaking engagements and audio programs.
One of the original instructors personally mentored by the late Dr. John E. Upledger, Suzanne also continues to teach CranioSacral Therapy and SomatoEmotional Release for the Upledger Institute on nearly every continent. What’s more, she collaborated with the late Emilie Conrad for almost two decades. Together they integrated Emilie’s Continuum Movement with Suzanne’s Full Body Presence to teach other practitioners how to accelerate and deepen the healing process.
Known for her honest, grounded, nurturing manner, Suzanne is adept at weaving together mind, body and spirit to create a unique environment that encourages profound healing. She is the author of Reclaiming Your Body: Healing from Trauma and Awakening to Your Body’s Wisdom and Full-Body Presence: Learning to Listen to Your Body’s Wisdom.
Learn more about Suzanne.
June 6-8, 2019
Ob Je Plek, Utrecht, NL
Twenty minutes by train from Amsterdam
Walking distance from Utrecht Central Station at Zaalverhuur7
For further details, contact Amber Rookus.
• Up to and including February 2019: € 450, –
• Then, until the event: € 525, –
Ticket price excl. VAT. There are 40 total spots available in this course. Payment plans are available, contact the sponsor for information.