Full Body Presence: Grounding & Healthy Boundaries (FBP) – Edmond, OK
700 W. 18th Street
Edmond OK 73013
PLEASE NOTE: This class has been rescheduled. The new date is still to be determined as we await COVID-19 restrictions to be removed. Please contact sponsor Stephanie Dodge at La Vie College & Wellness Spa with any questions (405-249-8359 email@example.com)
In today’s world we all need full access to our inner and outer resources in order to survive and thrive with the daily demands being presented to us.
Tired of feeling scattered and pulled in many directions?
Want your presence to work for you, not against you?
Interested in mindful awareness?
Love feeling grounded?
Like keeping your energy tank full?
Want to experience more resilience under stress?
Need full access to your creativity and joy?
This course teaches the process of allowing the deep wisdom of the body to inform and help us navigate in our living, working, healing and relating in the world.
Come spend four days and return to your life, professionally & personally, with practical skills to:
• Understand the dynamics of your own energy patterns.
• Nourish and rejuvenate in healthy, life-giving ways.
• Remain fully grounded and present, even under stress.
• Create healthy boundaries that enhance your connection to the world, while avoiding burnout.
A brief synopsis of your Four Days with Full Body Presence
1. Learn how to hold a strong therapeutic presence that maximizes treatment outcomes, prevents burnout and helps you enjoy your work more.
2. Discover how to assess your energy reservoir throughout the day to combat exhaustion.
3. Explore the Five Principles, and why they’re vital to your practice, no matter which modality you work with.
4. Reconnect to natural energy habits to rejuvenate yourself and stay energetically full.
5. Find out how to establish and maintain healthy boundaries at work and at home.
6. Integrate internally inspired movement to heal the nervous system, improve concentration levels and replenish yourself.
7. Practice simple patterns of breathing that can calm the nervous system to reduce the chronic “fight or flight” response in you and your clients.
8. Take away step-by-step protocols for holding a strong therapeutic presence for yourself and others, using touch and without touching.
AND, You’ll take home a comprehensive study guide for future reference.
Joanna Haymore, MS, OTR/L, (Durham, NC)
Joanna is a Healing From the Core Certified Instructor who believes in the human potential to live lovingly with oneself, other beings, and the planet. Joanna’s background in somatic movement and bodywork, and her lifelong devotion to growth and discovery, enables participants in her classes to find the doorway into healing for themselves. She brings compassion, warmth and ease to the experience of coming into full body presence. Joanna’s roots in the rural South add a depth and richness from her own personal experience that assists others to feel safe to explore new boundaries and develop life-enhancing skills.
When she is not teaching, Joanna maintains a private practice as an occupational therapist using CranioSacral therapy, Lymph Drainage therapy, Visceral Manipulation, Sensory Integration, and Body-Mind Centering(SM) to work with children and adults. She graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with a Masters in Occupational Therapy in 1994 and from the School of Body-Mind Centering, founded by Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen in 1989. She is a Registered Movement Therapist with the International Somatic Movement Education and Therapy Association and a licensed massage therapist. For more information and to contact her, please visit her website at Body Map Skills. Email Joanna or visit her IAHP profile.
NEW DATE: TBD (original date March 19-22 postponed due to COVID-19 restrictions)
La Vie College and Wellness Spa, 700 W. 18th Street, Edmond, OK 73013
$495 by 4/5/20
$595 by 5/5/20
$695 after 5/5/20
Save $795 and pay only $100/month! Use the Tier One Core-Pak.
CEUs available (24 contact hours)
Massage Therapists: NCBTMB Approved Provider
Contact IAHE (International Alliance of Healthcare Educators) for your specific license requirements. 800-311-9204
Recommended reading and listening:
- Scurlock-Durana, Reclaiming Your Body: Healing From Trauma and Awakening to Your Body’s Wisdom (book).
- Scurlock-Durana, Full Body Presence: Learning to Listen to Your Body’s Wisdom (book).
Please listen to the accompanying audio explorations (download information included in each book).
This is a four day workshop.
Course hours are 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM each day.
Registration begins at 8:30 AM on Day One, March 19th.
While we do our best to accommodate changes for our students, a $50 cancellation or transfer fee may apply.