Full Body Presence: Grounding & Healthy Boundaries (FBP) -Livermore, CA
4444 East Ave
Livermore, CA 94550
In today’s world we all need full access to our inner and outer resources in order to survive and thrive with the daily demands being presented to us.
Tired of feeling scattered and pulled in many directions?
Want your presence to work for you, not against you?
Interested in mindful awareness?
Love feeling grounded?
Like keeping your energy tank full?
Want to experience more resilience under stress?
Need full access to your creativity and joy?
This course teaches the process of allowing the deep wisdom of the body to inform and help us navigate in our living, working, healing and relating in the world.
Come spend four days and return to your life, professionally & personally, with practical skills to:
• Understand the dynamics of your own energy patterns.
• Nourish and rejuvenate in healthy, life-giving ways.
• Remain fully grounded and present, even under stress.
• Create healthy boundaries that enhance your connection to the world, while avoiding burnout.
PLUS, if you’re a therapist, earn 24 contact hours for CEUs!
A brief synopsis of your Four Days with Full Body Presence
1. Learn how to hold a strong therapeutic presence that maximizes treatment outcomes, prevents burnout and helps you enjoy your work more.
2. Discover how to assess your energy reservoir throughout the day to combat exhaustion.
3. Explore the Five Principles, and why they’re vital to your practice, no matter which modality you work with.
4. Reconnect to natural energy habits to rejuvenate yourself and stay energetically full.
5. Find out how to establish and maintain healthy boundaries at work and at home.
6. Integrate internally inspired movement to heal the nervous system, improve concentration levels and replenish yourself.
7. Practice simple patterns of breathing that can calm the nervous system to reduce the chronic “fight or flight” response in you and your clients.
8. Take away step-by-step protocols for holding a strong therapeutic presence for yourself and others, using touch and without touching.
AND, You’ll take home a comprehensive study guide for future reference.
Lori Chinitz, PT (Long Island, NY)
Lori is a Healing from the Core Certified Instructor, and physical therapist with over 30 years of experience. Lori’s strengths as an instructor and clinician flow out of her capacity to witness and support each person’s unique journey. Her gentle, down to earth style has been a key to helping others unlock deeper doorways towards healing. Creating a space of safety and connection allows her clients to feel recognized and heard. Lori combines her keen integration and synthesis of body, mind and spirit to assist each person in their healing process. Lori handled all questions with such ease and openness. She truly modeled what it means to be present. I can’t even imagine all that she is going through with her dad, but I feel really blessed to have experienced what being grounded through adversity means. I learned so much just by her modeling presence. It is such a testament to all the work that she has done. She showed me my next few steps.” Erica in Seattle, WA, June 2016 “Lori’s quiet, powerful presence created a sense of safety that allowed me to explore and heal memories I could not touch before today.”
I was blown away! Lori is an...
It was as though Lori spoke directly to...
Lori handled all questions with such ease and openness. She truly modeled what it means to be present. I can’t even imagine all that she is going through with her dad, but I feel really blessed to have experienced what being grounded through adversity means. I learned so much just by her modeling presence. It is such a testament to all the work that she has done. She showed me my next few steps.”
Erica in Seattle, WA, June 2016
“Lori’s quiet, powerful presence created a sense of safety that allowed me to explore and heal memories I could not touch before today.”
When Lori is not teaching, she maintains a private practice in Syosset, New York and is the director/owner of A Step Ahead Therapy Services, a multidisciplinary Early Intervention Agency. In her practice, she uses CranioSacral therapy, Visceral Manipulation, TAMO movement strategy, as well as various other manual modalities. In addition, she is techniques certified in Craniosacral Therapy and Neurodevelopmental Therapy for pediatrics. Her practice includes working with adults, infants, and children. Lori is certified to teach Advanced Energy Dynamics and Applications I (HFAE1), Developing and Deepening Craniosacral Presence (DDCSP), Full Body Presence: Grounding and Healthy Boundaries (HFFBP), and Skills to Energize Your Life (HFSEL). Email Lori or visit her IAHP profile.
April 19 – 22, 2018
Robert Livermore Community Center, Palo Verde Room
4444 East Avenue
Livermore, CA 94550
San Francisco Bay Area
$695.00 (USD) Early Registration Price: $495.00
For registering 60 days in advance, you save $200!
This special rate will only be valid until February 17th, 2018, 11:00:00 PM Pacific time.
CEUs available (24 contact hours)
Massage Therapists: NCBTMB Approved Provider
Recommended reading and listening:
- Scurlock-Durana, Reclaiming Your Body: Healing From Trauma and Awakening to Your Body’s Wisdom (book).
- Scurlock-Durana, Full Body Presence: Learning to Listen to Your Body’s Wisdom (book).
Please listen to the accompanying audio explorations (download information included in each book).
This is a four day workshop.
Course hours are 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM each day (Sunday hours are 8:30 – 3:30).
Registration begins at 8:30 AM on Day One, April 19th.
While we do our best to accommodate changes for our students, a cancellation or transfer fee may apply.